Friday, October 1, 2010

XX1090 2010 Scott and BR winner!









Hi everyone, we reached the final XX1090 Scott & BR show studio appearance this year. Chris and I were the last one's standing after 28 other radio contestants. I will miss coming in the studio and hearing both Pratty and Skip getting scolded by Scott and BR between segments, the 60 degree studio with the six flats screens. Mike Henderson and Adam Beck made it to the final elimination as well. I was able to meet Lauren Hinton, Director of Marketing for CAF during our studio visit. After some delays we were on the radio once again. This time I was less nervous while answering question from Scott, or at least I though so. After a quick synopsis on how Chris and myself made it this far. It was time for the "bobbett" to be wielded for the last time to announce the winner. On cue, with the survivor music in the background Scott handed the envelope to BR to open. And he literally just opened it and handed it back to Scott. After what felt like an eternity, Scott announced......Chris Glossner is the winner of the 2010 XX 1090 Scott and BR cycling spot.....Right away I congratulated the person who I feel deserved it a little more than I since Chris was able to collect the 10k on his own. But to be second place with a trip down the California coast is not a bad consolations prize. Since this might be the last time I get to see BR, I had to get a couple of his football cards signed. Also had the CAF banner signed by both Scott and BR which was really cool. I am relieved that the radio contest is over and we now get to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment