Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday group rides...




We all live busy and sometimes hectic lives. Wether its working 8-12 hours a day, to going to school full time or even both. Life tends to get in the way when it comes to training. In preparation for my upcoming marathon and CAF MDC training rides. I have enlisted a few good men and women to help me become a better rider. My friend Edson has introduced me to several of his coworkers Hooman, Steve, Anton and his wife Mary Anne who share the same passion on riding as I do. We try to meet every Wednesday for a group ride which always starts and ends in Clairemont Mesa. Being centrally located, rides can take us as far west as Mission Beach, east to Santee, north to Poway and south to Hillcrest. I have to admit I am not much of a navigator, but with the help of Edson's friend Marco. He is kind enough to share his knowledge of routes with us and give us a a bikers tour of San Diego. Last weeks ride to Mt. Soledad was pretty challenging. We started in Clairemont and made our way to La Jolla where we started the ascent on Nautilus St. I still remember the day I dreaded hills, now I am more accepting of them. About 2 1/4 quarter later and 800 feet of elevation later. We reached the famous Soledad cross and took pictures of the group with a view of the 5 north in the background. Once we refueled, now came the fun part. Heading down hill Via Capri reminded you where your drops are located on your bike. The group later made its way through La Jolla Village Drive, Gilman Drive and to Genesse Ave. With several rollers along the way the group was exhausted but was overall satisfied with the route. Rides vary in time but typically would last between 2 to 2 1/2 hours in length. With only a week to go until the marathon. I decided to take a hiatus on this weeks group ride. But will most certainly look forward on the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment