Tuesday, July 27, 2010

CAF QMDC week 8




Sorry for the delay everyone. Here's what I've been doing on the last 3 weeks of riding. Week 8 was a recovery week, which normally consists of a short and flat course. I wanted to take advantage of meeting more CAF riders so I wanted to stay with group 3. This group is great since you are still able to ride but also able to talk to other riders and hear all their interesting stories. Our weekly rides have several challenged athletes on attendance.
This ride was also special since I was able to meet CAF athlete and past acquaintance Travis Hicks. My good friend Julia introduced me to Travis during my wedding shower back in 2006. But not until I started my CAF journey did I find out he is not only a challenged athlete but currently working for CAF too. He wanted to ride with the group but had some technical issues and was unable to ride. The course had us ride through scenic Fairbanks Ranch, Rancho Santa Fe and Leucadia. Finishing the ride down the PCH. A very simple ride meant to recovery our body through our first of many real physical test on climbing. But looking at the schedule next week, I will be savoring these recovery rides even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment