Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Scensty & the Dough Boy Raise Money for CAF

I never thought that I would ever be the person who sold home fragrances and baked goods. But as you can see from the link on my FB and blog page there’s one there that tells you I have officially become that person. Being involved with QMDC this year has me reaching out to a lot of my friends and family to ask for help and to spread the word about CAF. In doing so, I contacted an old co-worker Mary Ann. Mary Ann is one of those people who are doing 10 different things on top of raising 2 boys of her own. One of the things that she is doing is selling Scentsy Products. For those who don’t know what these are or who didn’t take the time to click on the link yet, its fragrance products for your home like candles, but without the flame of a wick.

In talking to Mary Ann about what I was doing, she offered to do a Scentsy Party and donate a portion of the profits to CAF. So my wife and I decided to do a party at our house. So we spread the word, blasted FB with invitations sent out emails and called our friends and family. For my very first fundraiser, I would say it was a success. With the small group at the party we talked to them about CAF and what we’re doing to raise money and awareness all over some wine, cheese, dip and scent testers. And for those friends who weren’t able to make it, we kept spreading the word at family gatherings and over the phone. We have raised $150 so far just on these sales alone. And since Mary Ann is such a generous person, she offered to keep the link going until the challenge is over. So if you haven’t purchased anything yet here is the link https://perfectlyscented.scentsy.us
Please go to open parties and select CAF Qualcomm Million Dollar Challenge Mark Estrada, then Buy from Party. Or just click the link to the right.

So some of these friends wanted to help out in more ways than just smelling good, they asked if there was more that they could do. Of course I said spreading the word was a good idea. My wife and her supervisor came up with a bake sale idea. A lot of my friends are constantly baking so getting them to help out was not the hard part. At my house we made cookies and brownies while a couple of my friends made dozens of cupcakes, cookies and blondies. Now my wife’s office is a lot bigger than mine. We decided to do the bake sale there since we would have a larger captive audience. My wife posted profiles of CAF athletes on the walls where the baked goods were being sold. This fundraiser was definitely another hit helping us raise another $165 for CAF. And my wife’s office was so enthusiastic about it, that they plan on doing a bake a couple more. Hey I’m up for being the Pillsbury Dough Boy as long as it’s for a good cause.






No comments:

Post a Comment