Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Scripps Ranch Old Pros 2010

Happy Independence day everyone. How did you celebrate our countries independence? For me it was being around family, friends and free beer in that order of course. There is not a better way to start your 4th than a 10k race. For the last three years in a row I have ran this fun and short course. But this year was special since it was my first race as a family. With my wife Cristal and daughter Winter always at the finish line cheering me on at all my previous races, this year I was even more excited that they got to be a part of it. My wife trained 8 weeks for this race and I was proud of her since she made it to the finish line with a smile in her face. Pushing my daughter during an actual race was fun as well. Thank goodness she was in a great mood and had no tantrums while on the course. We were also joined by my fellow marathon runner Rey, my wife's marathon saviour Emily and the Hunsickers, Craig and Melissa. Rey had been through several races already, but this was Emily's first and I think it's just the beginning for her.


It was my first time running with the Craig and Melissa and I believe they would be glad to do it again. Its always nice running into old friends at events like this, sharing stories and knowing that they caught the running bug. (Hi, Darleen and Joe, hope to see you again.) By the way, great job on finishing strong everyone.

I heard several QMDC riders came out for the 50 mile bike ride, way to go team CAF! As a matter a fact I saw another guy with a CAF shirt in the race. Go CAF! But the day could not end without, you guessed it, beer. Nothing like washing down a dry palate with a ice cold refreshing brewsky. What made it even tastier was the fact it was free. Light beer never tasted so good, yum. Thanks for the advise Peter B. I didn't stick around for the another round since the day just started for me. The rest of our day was spent at La Jolla Shores with friends at the beach and of course fireworks. I hoped you all had as much fun, if not more this Fourth of July weekend. I can't wait for next year.




1 comment:

  1. Good job Team Estrada's ! Team Francisco will be there next year.... :-)

    ReplyDelete